“Charging infrastructure is the top barrier to electric vehicle adoption. Now is the time to shoot for the stars and develop a national charging network that provides EV drivers a positive experience. Veloz’s public and private sector members are at the forefront of developing cutting-edge solutions so that electric for all becomes a reality faster.”
— Josh D. Boone, Veloz Executive Director
The National EV Charging Initiative announces the signing of Memorandum of Understanding Launching Coalition to push for Charging Stations Nationwide.
Veloz has joined an unprecedented coalition of groups representing automakers, workers, utilities, suppliers, investors, and public interest advocates to form a new partnership to spur the construction of the nation’s electric-vehicle charging network.
The National EV Charging Initiative – made up of 24 groups representing tens of thousands of companies, union members, investors and advocates – agreed to push for deeper commitments from each other and the federal government to deploy the charging stations needed to improve air quality, create domestic jobs, address racial inequities and curb climate change.
In a joint memorandum of understanding, participants pledged to collaborate with all levels of government to build a national charging network for light-, medium-, and heavy-duty vehicles. While many participants pledge to make their own, private investments in this network, the group will also advocate to leverage funding and other forms of support from the public sector.
“These groups are ready, willing, and able to work together to build the national charging network needed to meet the Biden Administration’s goal to transform our transportation system,” said Colleen Quinn, president of eMobility Advisors and the coalition’s organizer. “Investing in this system will contribute to a just transition that creates good jobs, addresses the climate crisis, and cuts local pollution.”
— Colleen Quinn, president of eMobility Advisors
The diverse group of stakeholders will develop a common framework to marshal public and private resources to quicken the pace of electric vehicle adoption in the U.S. and increase the speed, scope and scale of infrastructure deployment.
The current signatories to the MOU are listed below:
- Alliance for Transportation Electrification (ATE)Alliance for Automotive Innovation
- California Electric Transportation Coalition (CalETC)
- Coalition for Green Capital (CGC)
- Commissioner Maria Bocanegra (Illinois Commerce Commissioner and Chair of NARUC’s Electric Vehicle Working Group)
- Edison Electric Institute (EEI)
- Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Association (EVCA)
- Electrification Coalition
- Environmental Defense Fund (EDF)
- The Greenlining Institute
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
- National Association of State Energy Officials (NASEO)
- Sierra Club
- Plug-In America
- Zero Emission Transportation Association (ZETA)
eMobility Advisors, on behalf of and with strategic and financial support from NRDC, is leading the planning, organization, and execution of the Initiative.
For more information, please visit evcharginginitative.com.