10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. (PDT)
California is leading the way toward a massive transformation to electric cars and City and Counties are critical to accelerating the momentum. When Cities and Counties adopt policies that streamline the process to install electric vehicle charging, everyone wins. Widespread charging stations are a necessity to reduce range anxiety and to give Californians the confidence they need to purchase an electric car.
At this webinar we will showcase the video that Veloz and GO-Biz produced called Clearing the Path to Permitting Charging Stations – AB1236 that educates city and county officials about AB 1236 and the importance of permit streamlining in their region. You will also hear an exciting conversation moderated by Jonathan Levy, Vice President, EVgo and a Veloz Board Director with the following panelists:
- Assemblymember David Chiu, 17th Assembly District
Lead Author of AB 1236 (2015) Permit Streamlining Bill
- Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development (GO-Biz)
Kielan Rathjen, Special Advisor
- California Energy Commission
Brian Fauble, Energy Commission Specialist II
- Tuolumne County
Cole Przybyla, Director of Innovation & Business Assistance
- City of West Hollywood
Robyn Eason, Senior Sustainability Planner
Permitting Olympics Winners Announced!
GO-Biz will announce The Permitting Olympics winners during this webinar. Come see what cities and counties are getting Gold, Silver and Bronze metals based on the requirements of AB 1236.
- Counties with 100% of their region streamlined = Gold
- Counties with 75% of their region streamlined = Silver
- Counties with 50% of their region streamlined = Bronze
- Clearing the Path to Permitting Charging Stations – AB1236 (video)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Permitting Guidebook
- Electric Vehicle Charging Best Practices
May 27 – Medium and Heavy-Duty: Fleets Paving the Way to Electrification
June 17 – The Road to Recovery: The Role of Electrification in the Post-Pandemic Green Economy
August 26 – Autonomous and Electric: Twins or Sisters?
October 28 – Haul Yes! Electric Pickup Trucks are Hitting the Road
December 16 – V2G, V2X, V2WTF