- This event has passed.
Veloz Webinar – Batteries: Creating Sustainable Practices from Mine to Wheel and Beyond!
October 29, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Electric car batteries are dependent on critical mineral commodities such as cobalt, graphite, lithium, and manganese that are located in underdeveloped countries where labor and environmental regulations are weak. This webinar will explore how mining and supply chain practices can be more sustainable (less environmentally damaging and more respectful of communities) along with what happens after the battery is used in an electric car.
Our panelists include:
- Ethan Elkind, Director, Climate Program, Center for Law, Energy & the Environment, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Hanjiro Ambrose, California Air Resources Board
- Rachael Nealer, Transportation Chief of Staff, Department of Energy
- Jennifer Krill, Executive Director, Earthworks
- Alex Grant, Principal, Jade Cove Partners
- Claudia Becker, Senior Expert, Sustainability, BMW Group